Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Stuck tape

2002-05-16 16:58:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Stuck tape
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 15:58:04 -0500
freezing or suspending a tape will stop it from being used for backups.
suspending will expire naturally and become available some day where freezing
will stay frozen until you unfreeze it manually.

bpmedia:
  -freeze|-unfreeze|-suspend|-unsuspend -ev <media_id> [-h <hostname>] [-v]

don't forget -h to specify media server name that volume is assigned to.

- Scott

                    "Kramer, Dale"

                    <Dale_Kramer AT steris DOT com>             To:
"Veritas Users NetBackup (E-mail)"
                    Sent by:                             <veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        cc:

                    auburn.edu                           Subject:
[Veritas-bu] Stuck tape

                    05/16/2002 03:10 PM

I am in a bind.  I have a tape stuck in a drive. A backup is trying to use
this tape and since it's inaccessible the backup usually times out before
using another tape.  I can't open the storage unit as I have lots of backups
running. When I try to do a delete through the x gui it won't delete because
it's already assigned. What I would like to do is force delete the tape or
something so this backup doesn't want to access it anymore.

thanx,
dale

Dale P. Kramer
Senior Enterprise Systems Analyst
STERIS Corporation
5960 Heisley Rd.
Mentor, OH 44060
440-392-7082

You never test the depth of a river with both feet.