Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Stuck tape

2002-05-16 16:10:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Stuck tape
From: Dale_Kramer AT steris DOT com (Kramer, Dale)
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 16:10:54 -0400
I am in a bind.  I have a tape stuck in a drive. A backup is trying to use this
tape and since it's inaccessible the backup usually times out before using
another tape.  I can't open the storage unit as I have lots of backups running.
When I try to do a delete through the x gui it won't delete because it's
already assigned. What I would like to do is force delete the tape or something
so this backup doesn't want to access it anymore.

thanx,
dale

Dale P. Kramer
Senior Enterprise Systems Analyst
STERIS Corporation
5960 Heisley Rd.
Mentor, OH 44060
440-392-7082

You never test the depth of a river with both feet.