Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Schedule frequency

2002-05-15 16:11:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Schedule frequency
From: PYLE AT wapa DOT gov (John Pyle)
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 14:11:29 -0600
I think I can help for the future but not for the run this weekend.  I think
you should change the frequency to match this for your schedules and you will
have better Luck in the future:

Daily Inc  Give the schedule a window (18:00 - 12:00) and set the frequency to
one hour longer than the window (7 Hours).
Weekly Full  Give the schedule a window (Friday 18:00 until Monday at 06:00)
and set the frequency to one day longer than the window (3 days).  This one
might be shaky sense the window is more than two days, but I have run this way
for a few months.
Monthly Full  This one has been a pain for me too, I have read a few good ideas
but think I'll wait for the calendar schedule to make this happen when I want
it to (last Friday of the month every time).  I hope this helps some.

>>> <justin AT brighton.ac DOT uk> 5/15/2002 2:00:52 AM >>>
Obviously I'm running bpsched -predict with the date otherwise the only
output I'd see would be the usage! :-)
It's not a one time backup and I cannot initiate the backup manually - it
has to run automatically over night as Oracle instances are shutdown.

In each class I have 3 schedules - daily_incr, weekly_full and
monthly_full.
daily_incr is scheduled every day, frequency every day
weekly_full is scheduled every weekend, frequency once a week
monthly_full is scheduled every month, frequency once a month.
Because I accidentally let monthly_full run on Monday for one class/policy
it will *not* run this weekend with all the other classes/policies!
- They need to be in sync!

Is there a manual way to tell NetBackup that a schedule has never run
before or is due to be run now?

Regards, Justin
--
\\ Justin
\\ Network Services, University of Brighton