Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] OTM problems on W2K

2002-03-18 11:07:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] OTM problems on W2K
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 10:07:56 -0600
It's in the Registry on the client

HKLM\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config

The value is OTM_Cache_Size_Max

It's easier to use the GUI.  This way you'll be able to change any of the
parameters without having to know what each Registry value stands for.  This
is NOT the GUI on the client.  The OTM tab is only found on the NT Admin GUI.
This is the admin console that can be installed on any NT/W2K box (or is
already installed on any NT/W2K master or media server).  The box running the
admin console must be in the server list on the client (that's why it's easier
to use a master/media server, but it's not required).  It's under Configure
NetBackup.  This can be seen as an icon in all views but the Large Window
view.  For that view you have to choose Configure NetBackup from the drop-down
menu.

- Scott

                    "John Rothlisberger"

                    <jrothlisberger AT indeliq DOT com>         To:
<veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
                    Sent by:                             cc:

                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        Subject:
RE: [Veritas-bu] OTM problems on W2K
                    auburn.edu

                    03/18/2002 07:49 AM

I've had several replies, but still missing the answer.

I've read the SAG, tech docs, etc.  I know the recommended settings
and that OTM can be reset to 0 to let NB determine the proper size.

Where do I set it to 0?  On the client gui, there is NO OTM tab and
OTM has been installed (obviously).

So, where oh where do I set the OTM cache size?  registry?

Thanks for those that have sent suggestions...

John