Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.4

2002-03-18 12:14:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.4
From: anaseem AT vanhosp.bc DOT ca (Atif Naseem)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 09:14:06 -0800
hello
I am upgrading the master server , running Backup 3.1.1 , on a Solaris 2.6 and
having L20 autoloader. same machine is also acting as a database server and has
Oracle 8.05.
Any specific steps i have to follow . My understanding is this that when i will
upgrade ( after backup) all the class definations  and policies will
automatically imported  to 3.4 environment. Right now oracle backup is
initiated bythe oracle -script. Do i need to
upgrade the oracle agent too. and then re make the oracle execuatable.???
Any one who did that upgradation ???any experiences
regards