Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 3.2 to 3.4.x upgrade, deassigned volumes

2002-03-04 17:01:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 3.2 to 3.4.x upgrade, deassigned volumes
From: vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com (Jim VandeVegt)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 14:01:49 -0800 (PST)
Under 3.2 I had, understandably, a lot of FULL media. When I cut
3.4.x into production, the available_media script starting listing
all the tapes that were FULL under 3.2 as DBBACKUP. Newly FULL tapes
filled up under 3.4.x show up as FULL.

Digging into this further, I've found out that utilities like
bpmedialist are saying that these DBBACKUP tapes are not in its
database.  Hmm...

All the tapes show on the management windows and I'm able to browse
the information stored on the images on the tapes.

I'm running bpcheckdb -checkimages right now and it looks like it is
identifying the problem, and it looks like I need to import all the
affected media.

Anyone shared this experience?

=====
Jim VandeVegt
vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com vandevegt AT avaya DOT com
http://members.xoom.com/vandevegt
There is no luck except where there is discipline.