Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] V2M verses BPVAULT

2002-03-04 16:17:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] V2M verses BPVAULT
From: WIRICK AT wapa DOT gov (Kevin Wirick)
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 14:17:37 -0700
We are looking at purchasing BPVAULT and were shown a demo on Virtual
Media Manager (V2M) by Convergent Data Services via the web.  One of our
biggest problems has got to be making image backup tapes and a product
like V2M showed us where a class could be set up to run these in our off
hours. This along with performance reports, offsite tracking looked
inviting.  Using V2M looked quite easy (via a GUI) rather than command
lines loaded on the master server (NT in our case).

Having read information from members of this group it seems that
BPVAULT is a "collection of scripts" that are provided or installed by
Veritas at your sites.  Does this include a "GUI" interface?  Can jobs
be monitored via the web from home or another site?

Has anyone had any experience with V2M who has some feel for BPVAULT?
Would we need to purchase BPVAULT as well as Advance Reporting from
Veritas?  Our consulting company is recommending this product over
BPVAULT.

Any help you can give would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin Wirick
Western Area Power Administration - DOE