Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Informix configuration

2002-01-17 04:24:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Informix configuration
From: thomas AT gbg.abf DOT se (Thomas Johansson)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:24:53 +0100 (CET)
> 1. Do I have to specify just the Informix class name, or even the
> schedule name, in the $INFORMIXDIR/bp.conf file?
>     Class name is specified by BPBACKUP_CLASS. How do I specify the
> schedule?

Hello Prasad, let's see if i can help you here.
We have no bp.conf in the $INFORMIXDIR, however we have that in
/usr/openv/netbackup/ so that should also work fine. We specify the
class-name in ALARMPROGRAM, log_full.sh that is, just export the variable
INFXBSA_CLASS to the classname. The schedule is controlled in netbackup
and not on the databaseclient

> 2. I have a Default-Policy and an Automatic Full. The Default seems to
> work fine. The Automatic Full fails with sometimes a code of 6
> and sometimes a code of 245. Can anyone please tell me where and what to
> fix or look at?

If the jobs fail sometimes i think you have some other problem than just
setting the schedules right. Have you checked the timeframe in which the
backups are allowed to run? How do you start the backup? Is it through the
script in the netbackup-directory on the client or is it through the
clients crontab or something like that?

> Running Informix 8.1 (I think) on Solaris 7, NBU 3.4.2 with latest DB
> patch.

We have some Informix-servers running ids2000 (9.21.x) and some running
7.31 and some running 7.30, the configuration in regards to the backups
are all identical except for the actual onbar-command in 9 which differs a
bit from 7. They run on both hp-ux and solaris, and we have the same
version of netbackup as you do, but we haven't installed the latest
patches