Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Informix configuration

2002-01-17 17:27:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Informix configuration
From: thomas AT gbg.abf DOT se (Thomas Johansson)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 23:27:05 +0100 (CET)
> Now. I'm wondering if it is possible to backup more
> than 1 instance of Informix on the same machine. I
> have a 7 and a 9 engine. If it is, what changes do I
> need to do?

That's not a problem, just make one backup-script per instance and put all
instance-specific variables in the script, like if the script is called
backup_onbar_full, make one script called backup_onbar_full_9 and set the
$INFORMIXDIR and other relevant to those associated with informix9, like
/opt/informix/9.21 for example and do the same for informix7
Ofcourse you should keep apart the classes in netbackup aswell, and all
the standard stuff