Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup with 3494 Library

2002-01-04 14:15:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup with 3494 Library
From: Brian_Drager AT Vanguard DOT com (Brian_Drager AT Vanguard DOT com)
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 14:15:03 -0500
  We have a UNIX Master Server running Solaris 2.8 that has an STK9710 Robot
attached using 8 DLT drives. We are also trying to configure an additional
library which is a IBM3494 with 6 3590 magstar fibre drives.  This library is
being shared as a VTS. We have six native fibre drives for NetBackup use.
Problem is this. When we run robtest we can only see the virtual drives which is
a total of 64 devices. It blows out at 65 to 76. We were told by IBM that
veritas has a limitation of 64 device ranges in version 3.4.1. Will be corrected
in 4.5 version. Anyone have any experience on how we can see these drives so
that we can configure the devices with robot drive number. We are struggling
with IBM at this point. We also have an open case with Veritas. Just wanted to
see if anyone else has run into this?

Thanks

Brian Drager 610-669-9630