Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Performance issues of Netapp->RH 7.1 viaNFS->Win 2kMedia Server

2002-01-04 15:56:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Performance issues of Netapp->RH 7.1 viaNFS->Win 2kMedia Server
From: kmeyer AT banderacom DOT com (Kyle Meyer)
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 14:56:25 -0600
I have not found a way to back up NetApp NFS shares on a Win2k box without
going through another Unix server. If anyone has found a way to do this I
would certainly like to know. I have heard that with the next release of NBU
we will be able to do NDMP third-party backups to the drives attached to
media servers. I am certainly looking forward to that...

Kyle Meyer
Network Administrator
Banderacom, Inc
(512) 493-3256