Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Downed drives - Remote tape removal

2001-12-05 16:42:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Downed drives - Remote tape removal
From: DONALDG AT tc.gc DOT ca (Donaldson, Grant)
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 16:42:22 -0500
Hi Michael,

        With NBU 3.4 on UNIX master with 9840 drives we simply perform a
drive reset; resetting the drive will eject the tape from the drive and the
robot should then put it back into the appropriate slot. As you noted, use
the Device Manager interface to "UP" the drive, and then using the same
Drive Control window perform a "Reset".  You can also use the
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmoprcmd command with the "-up" and -"reset"
parameters.  You might want to check out David Chapa's "drivewatch" script
on the Advanced Scripting site.

Grant
Transport Canada