Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Control M

2001-12-05 16:10:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Control M
From: Steve.White AT PacifiCorp DOT com (White, Steve)
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 13:10:24 -0800

------_=_NextPart_001_01C17DD1.4174B910

AFAIK, Control-M shouldn't even see the 20 job streams.  We use Control-M to
handle all our NetBackup backups and I think Control-M only knows about the
return code from the "bpbackup -i" command, not any of the actual job
streams that are caused by that command.  The job code that is tracked
within Control-M correctly indicates the return code from NetBackup when the
overall job completes.  If any one of the 20 streams fails, the whole job is
listed as a failure in Control-M and they notify the correct people to
decide if it should be rerun.  As to the restart issue, I do agree that it
would be really great if there were some way to issue a command to NetBackup
to rerun only one stream, but there isn't yet.  Perhaps someday.

Steve