Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How can I verify my data???????????

2001-12-03 01:13:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How can I verify my data???????????
From: manoj AT india.Infogain DOT com (manoj AT india.Infogain DOT com)
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 11:43:48 +0530
Hi Everyone!

            I am new to Veritas netbackup,I hope you all wouldn't mind if a
ask any silly question.Actually I have Netbackup 3.2 installed on Sun
Solaris 2.6. with Robot of Max. 6 DAT's.I have created 6 classes for 6
different WInodws NT clients.Now If I implement daily backup policy and
change all the 6 DAT's daily.After a week,I wanted to know:

1. What data is stored in which diskette(Suppose there is no labeling).
2. What is catalog and how it can help me out?
3. If my O.S. crahes and I install and configure netbackup from the
scratch,how can I recover the data from the DAT's,because I don't have any
information about the data stored in DAT's.
4. Can I restore data from a DAT using netbackup and robot,where I have
taken backup using tar utility on a normal Unix system( without netbackup
and robot)?

Thanks & Regards,
Manoj Batra.