Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Omniback!

2001-11-13 15:06:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Omniback!
From: adamlapizza AT hotmail DOT com (ADAM)
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 15:06:28 -0500
Eh, I forget to put his note in my last email

Omniback has its own tape format.
It recognizes the tar format but cannot handle it.
To get tar data from DLT drive simply use tar xvf /dev/rmt/#m where # is the
instance number of the drive.
To reuse the tar-tape with omniback you have to initialize the tape with
force mode but after then all previous data will be lost on that tape.

Still any other suggestion?

Adam