Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Drives going down.

2001-11-13 03:30:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Drives going down.
From: cej AT ti DOT com (christian e)
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 09:30:20 +0100
Diaz, Gustavo wrote:

> Hello all,
>       We are running NB DataCenter 3.4 on Win2K. We have a STK L180 robot
> with 2 DLT8000 and 2 SDLT drive. Occasionaly some of the drives go down and
> I manualyy have to bring them up. What causes a drive to go down on it's
> own? What should I be looking for?
> TIA
> Gus Diaz

It can be a faulty tape bringing the drives down.We had this problem
with our storagetek library.Whenever a certain tape was inserted it
brought the drives down and we manually had to bring it up again.

best regards

Christian

--
Christian Ejstrup, IT Admin / RF Development Engineer
Texas Instruments A/S, Denmark ,Sofiendalsvej 93,DK-9200 Aalborg SV,Denmark