Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 3.2 and the Solaris 2.8 Client

2001-09-06 16:15:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 3.2 and the Solaris 2.8 Client
From: sixbury AT celeritas DOT com (Sixbury, Dan)
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 15:15:24 -0500
The client code is the same for Solaris 2.6, 7, and 8.  If you want to see
it actually show up in the gui as an option you have to create a link in the
/usr/openv/netbackup/client/Solaris directory in which the link is called
Solaris2.8 and it points to the already existing 2.6 code.  You don't have
to create the link to make the backups work.  You can simply select 2.6 as
the client when updating your class, but if you are like me, you like to
differentiate your 2.6 servers from your solaris 8 servers.

If you go to Veritas' Web site under support and do some searches on Solaris
I think you should be able to find the official tech note that states
basically the same information.

Dan Sixbury
Celeritas Technologies, LLC
913-491-9000