Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle Backup question

2001-09-06 16:02:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle Backup question
From: CBallowe AT usg DOT com (Ballowe, Charles)
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 15:02:44 -0500
I'd like to have a class for oracle backups with 3 schedules in the class. A
monthly
(every 4 weeks) cold full, a weekly hot full, and a nightly hot cumulative
incremental. I have a script that calls the appropriate rman information
based on the NB_ORA_PC_SCHED
variable in its environment when it's called. This works and performs the
appropriate type of backup, but the jobs that actually write to tape show up
as being in the default-policy. This, of course, doesn't work out because
the retention periods that go with the schedules aren't gonna take.

If I put the 'send' command into the rman script, I end up with an error 240
"No schedules of the correct type exist in this class".

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

-Charles Ballowe

Platform:
        NBU 3.4 DataCenter