Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exited with status 96

2001-07-05 13:27:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exited with status 96
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 12:27:41 -0500
Hi,

Last night i got the following error Exited with status 96 (unable to
allocate new media for backup, storage unit has none avalible)

I did some poking around, it seems that the tapes were re-imported into
the library last week. I have a 2 week rotation and have set the retention
to 1 week only.

I'm guessing that it might be a good idea to change the retention to 2
weeks, this way i don't have to have problems in backing up back to the
imported tapes.

But i still have questions,

If i re-import a tape, what is the best way to use again in a backup?
Should i use bpexpdate? Will that fix it?

Thanks

Karl