Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas NetBackup over MAN

2001-06-06 10:19:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas NetBackup over MAN
From: rlh AT lsil DOT com (Richard Hellier)
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 15:19:32 +0100
        We do some backups of (small) remote offices by using "rsync" to mirror
their
diskspace and then backing up the local copy.  A side benefit of this
method is that
restores can be handled v quickly since "yesterday's" data is online at
this end and
can just be "shipped back" without needing to read any tapes!

        In our case, the data travels over private WAN links rather than a MAN
but the
principle is the same.

Cheers,

Richard.