Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Image Database consistency check - interpretting output

2001-06-01 14:51:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Image Database consistency check - interpretting output
From: vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com (Jim VandeVegt)
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 11:51:10 -0700 (PDT)
I've been using
bpexpdate -recalculate ...
to apply new expiration dates to images that previously had infinity
retentions.

I started getting the error message:
"event out of order, database inconsistency"

Reading the FAQ, I found out about the
bpdbm -consistency
command and ran it.

Well, that was a lot of output that scrolled by too fast to read, and
there was no summary given at the end.  I ran it again and captured
the output this time and am about to start looking at it.

My burning questions: does the mentioned bpdbm command check
consistency or actually repair it? What should I look for in the
output for the command to see where errors are? What should I do
about the errors?

Thanks,

=====
Jim VandeVegt
vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com vandevegt AT avaya DOT com
http://members.xoom.com/vandevegt
There is no luck except where there is discipline.