Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Command-line to fetch file list of a saved image

2001-05-31 15:35:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Command-line to fetch file list of a saved image
From: Doug.Braden AT veritas DOT com (Doug Braden)
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 14:35:23 -0500
Mark,

I've used bplist to get file lists for backups.  Please give this a look and
let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Doug Braden
VERITAS Impact Team

Note The bplist utility is in /usr/openv/netbackup/bin.

Please execute bplist with the following options

bplist -C insert your client name
-R recursive list 99 levels deep
-s mm/dd/yy hh:mm start time (can skip hr-min)
-e mm/dd/yy hh:mm end time (ditto)
-k class you want to list (optional)
/ start at root to create list
> output.txt can omit to print to screen

EXAMPLE: bplist -C frog -R -s 03/05/99 / > output.txt

If you gave your bplist command a start time of a week ago it would list all
files for all backups over the last week and would possibly write the same
files and directory structure over and over. If you give bplist a specific
class to list and also request output from only the previous night's backup
you should receive managable output.

You can all tell it to look for a specific directory and associated files.
For example:

/usr/oracle/db would list any oracle files in the db directory for you.

Message-----