Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Drives useable; not recognized

2001-05-23 17:04:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Drives useable; not recognized
From: RYAN_ANDERSON AT udlp DOT com (RYAN ANDERSON)
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 16:04:35 -0500
In upgrading NetBackup from 3.2 to 3.4 on Solaris 2.6 there was a part
where the install script discovered only 6 of our 10 DLT7K drives. After
the upgrade, I had to readd in the 4 drives with SCSI ids over 7 via
tpconfig.

Since then the drives have worked fine and are useable by Media Manager.
However, doing a simple sgscan doesn't see them, and upon restarting
NetBackup I get these messages:

avrd[562]: Unable to find sg device
/devices/pci@6,4000/scsi@3/sg@8,0:raw, using open() for scanning
avrd[562]: Unable to find sg device
/devices/pci@6,4000/scsi@3/sg@9,0:raw, using open() for scanning
avrd[562]: Unable to find sg device
/devices/pci@6,4000/scsi@4/sg@a,0:raw, using open() for scanning
avrd[562]: Unable to find sg device
/devices/pci@6,4000/scsi@4/sg@b,0:raw, using open() for scanning

The only discrepancy I find is that it appears from the output of the
undocumented command 'vmglob -listall' that the drives it doesn't
initially recognize don't have serial numbers listed.

What is the workaround to have my DLT drives recognized?

Thanks,

RCA
--
Ryan Anderson          | United Defense L.P.
ryan_anderson AT udlp DOT com | pager 763.572.6684