Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] connecting to bpcd through a Checkpoint 4.x Firewall on Solaris

2001-01-24 17:03:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] connecting to bpcd through a Checkpoint 4.x Firewall on Solaris
From: Dana Bourgeois Dana AT slamdunknetworks DOT com
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:03:16 -0800
I have a lot of experience with Legato but little with Veritas.  I have an
application server in my DMZ.  We use NAT.  Netbackup Datacenter 3.4,
Solaris 2.6.  I can trace the bpcd on the client in the DMZ and watch it
fail.  It is trying to bind a port on the firewall rather than communicate
through to the master (how it would do that I don't know because I've never
seen a successful gateway trace).  It knows about the master - I can see it
read all the config files and resolve the master's IP address successfully.
I am installing the latest patch - J0850559 - on the server and client and
will see if that fixes this problem.  While I am doing that, does anyone
have a similar problem they have solved?  Any ideas?

Dana Bourgeois
Slam Dunk Networks
Digital Mechanic & Network Janitor
1.650.632-5543