Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape availability script?

2001-01-24 15:23:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape availability script?
From: RYAN ANDERSON RYAN_ANDERSON AT udlp DOT com
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:23:09 -0600
I'm going to make a new script which generates a report to tell which
tapes to take out of our tape library (STK 9710) and which tapes are
expired/available on the shelf to be reused.  In looking at writing my
own, I'm realizing its a bigger project than I thought. Here's what I'm
looking for:

- Which specific tapes in what slots can be yanked out to go on the
shelf? (criteria: tape is FULL)

- Which specific tapes in what slots can be yanked out to go off-site?
(criteria: tape is in the 'offsite' pool and has been written to in the
last 24 hours)

- Which tapes on the shelf and off-site are ready to be re-used?  Sort
by oldest first. (criteria: tapes are expired)

- How many are in each pool in the library?

I assume everyone has some sort of script to do this; I know we do, I'm
just trying to improve ours.  Would anyone out there have a script that
outputs a simple report like this to share?  How about ideas on command
usage?

Thanks,

RCA
--
Ryan C. Anderson        |   United Defense L.P.
Unix Administrator      |   763.572.6684 (desk)