Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Firewalls & backups

2000-11-16 15:30:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Firewalls & backups
From: skip.jones AT petabytejones DOT com skip.jones AT petabytejones DOT com
Date: 16 Nov 2000 12:30:43 -0800
Ross,

Consider the security implications carefully when thinking about dangling a NBU
Media Server on the other side of your firewall.  Once your media server is
compromised, it is trivial through netbackup to do all manner of devious things
through this trust.

A better alternative would be to treat your NBU landscape on the other side of
the firewall as it's own master server; a troublesome proposition if you were
wanting to share a library between the inside and outside world (unless you had
STK & ACSLS on your side...)

skip