Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Firewalls & backups

2000-11-16 15:02:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Firewalls & backups
From: Everett, Craig Craig_Everett AT intuit DOT com
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 12:02:33 -0800
Let me rephrase the port definition:

It should be for the client:
CLIENT PORTS
(13000 ports are for daemons listening at the client and 512-5000 send data
to tape)
512-5000
13720
13782

SERVER PORTS-
(13000 ports are for server daemons to listen and initiate communications,
server initiates most backup comms unless the operation is user directed)
Depending on what your server is doing, you may be able to rule out some of
these 13000 ports. I was able to get rid of about half of them for the
server.
512-5000
13701
13702