Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] tape eject after backup - a script that might work for you too....

2000-11-30 20:41:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] tape eject after backup - a script that might work for you too....
From: W. Curtis Preston curtis AT colltech DOT com
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:41:35 -0800
I've heard this complaint before, and I wish they would fix it.  He is
referring to what happens when you actually lose power.  Is it dangerous to
the library when this happens?

At 04:28 PM 11/30/00 -0800, Joshua Fielden wrote:
> > When power is dropped, the arm free falls to the bottom with the only
> drag being
> > that of the pulleys.   It would've been nice if the arm had been better
> counter
> > weighted or had some kind of brake to support it's weight in the power off
> > situation, at least nicer than hearing that unsettling whine followed by a
> > thunk.
>
>Are you using the 'shutdown' procedure from the panel, or just pulling
>power after the JB is quieted?

---
W. Curtis Preston, Principal Consultant at Collective Technologies
Email: curtis AT colltech DOT com                (Best way to contact me)
Work : 408 452 5555                       (Leave a message.)
Pager: 800 946 4646, pin#1436065        (If urgent.)

Tap into the Collective Intellect (TM): http://www.colltech.com
Backup & Restore resources:        http://www.backupcentral.com