Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] error 41 on NT cluster, persistent, no idea how to fix

2000-06-22 18:50:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] error 41 on NT cluster, persistent, no idea how to fix
From: Andrew Steingruebl steingra AT pprd.abbott DOT com
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 17:50:21 -0500
I'm getting persistent 41 errors, network timed out, on backing up an NT
system. I'm running NB-3.2 on Solaris servers, with almost the newest patches
on the NT system. I've read through all the documentation I could find and
have:

1. checked my switches, etc. no errors there, so I don't have bad packets, or
a duplex mismatch
2. Replaced the NIC with a known good one.
3. Totally reloaded the OS onto the cluster, to clear up any cruft
4. Re-installed the NB client, configured everything properly, etc.

I'm getting the error from the verbose logs that NT is closing the socket on
me, and bpbkar can't continue to write.

06/16/00 01:35:00 PM: [52]: FTL - tar file write error (10053)

Anyone have any ideas of where to look?

Thanks.

--
Andy Steingruebl              | e-mail: steingra AT pprd.abbott DOT com

Unix Systems Admin/Programmer | phone:  (847) 935-4728
Unix/Network Security         | fax:    (847) 935-0142
Abbott Laboratories, PPDR&D   | post:   100 Abbott Park Road, D472 - AP9A