Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] where does xbpmon store the "master server" var?

2000-06-22 12:00:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] where does xbpmon store the "master server" var?
From: W. Curtis Preston curtis AT colltech DOT com
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:00:19 -0700
Ahah!  Well that's just weird!  Is it possible that it's getting it from
the job history files?   You know that the master server is entered in
every backup job history file, right?  It's in the bpdbjobs -report
-all-columns output, so it's in the files.  What did you do to change the
name of the master within the database?

Please tell me that the old server name and the new server name are unique
enough that you could use sed to fix all the database files:

bpkillall/stop
cd /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images

find . -print|while read i
do
         sed 's/oldservername/newservername/' $i >$i.new
         mv $i.new $i
done

At 08:42 AM 6/22/00 -0700, Rob Worman wrote:
>Yes, but what do I see if you start without a
>.xbpmonrc file?  The old server name!
>
>that's the behavior I'm looking to correct.
>
>I acknowledge that this is in the "annoyance"
>category...
>
>rob
>
>--- "W. Curtis Preston" <curtis AT colltech DOT com> wrote:
> > There's a file in your home directory... something
> > like .xbpmonrc, although
> > I know that's not the right name.  To find it, I
> > changed my preferences and
> > told xbpmon to save them.  There it was in my home
> > directory!
> >
> > At 06:34 AM 6/22/00 -0500, Rob Worman wrote:
> > >NBU 3.2, patch 412, Solaris 2.6 master server
> > >
> > >At one point in time, my master backup server was
> > named "stpbu01".  I
> > >chose to change this shortly after installation,
> > and I made the
> > >appropriate changes in the VM DB host settings,
> > robot definitions, storage
> > >units, etc etc.
> > >
> > >And now all looks fine, and I see the new name
> > being used appropriately
> > >everywhere.... except in the xbpmon GUI.  If I
> > start up with default set
> > >of preferences, xbpmon is still pointing to the
> > "stpbu01" master server.
> > >
> > >Does anyone know where this particular preference
> > is pulled from?

>Send instant messages with Yahoo! Messenger.
>http://im.yahoo.com/

---
W. Curtis Preston, Principal Consultant at Collective Technologies
Email: curtis AT colltech DOT com                (Best way to contact me)
Work : 408 452 5555                       (Leave a message.)
Pager: 800 946 4646, pin#1436065        (If urgent.)

Tap into the Collective Intellect (TM): http://www.colltech.com
Backup & Restore resources:        http://www.backupcentral.com