Networker

[Networker] Network 6.0.1 autochanger issue

2013-08-13 09:40:12
Subject: [Networker] Network 6.0.1 autochanger issue
From: splat <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 06:32:59 -0700
"In these old times, NW hat 2 license types: 'Jukebox' and 'Silo' types. You
must have the right one.
Run "nsrcap -nvv -c enabler" to verify that.

I have never seen NW refusing a jukebox but it could be possible, if your
jukebox is too new. NW 7.0 has been released in 2003. So if your autoloader is
some years younger, this might happen."

The juke box is Old also it an AIT-2  jukebox .

# nsrcap -nvv -c 0f1a91-92ebcd-ca2c55
Read an enabler:
        name:    Autochanger Module, 64 slots/64 (2014, 2075)
        enabler code: 0f1a91-92ebcd-ca2c55 (010051578)
        license type: J64
        demo days:    45 days

nsrcap: License enabler code is valid.

as best I can tell this was running earlier in the year.

"I've been doing Networker for over 20 years.

Considering Networker 7.x has been out for about 10 years, I can't imagine
there is anything in the 6.x backups that are worth spending time on unless
you know for sure they were using it recently. I seriously doubt that.

It could be that the library/drives you are using are much newer than
anything 6.x supported.

I would install 7.6.2 or maybe 8.x and get some backups going, then work on
getting it licensed later. You have 60 days to do so.

It would be a total waste of time spinning your wheels with 6.x. There are
so many issues you're going to run into, it's not funny. "

well I used to use Networker 10 + years ago, ( the Irony is this is the version
I last used )
but have been using Netbackup for the last 10 years.

But I just brought in a New Tape unit  from Home , LTO-3 autochanger  and going
to probably install Bacula.
I won't get the funds for a Networker upgrade.