Networker

Re: [Networker] strange Windows volume name when using All saveset

2013-07-23 12:47:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] strange Windows volume name when using All saveset
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 11:40:12 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] strange Windows volume name when using All...:

these volume name refers to the usually hidden volume where Windows
keeps the OS specific file (copies).  You may also assign a drive letter
to them.

Oh, OK.  So it's actually not just another name for C:\, but an actual
separate volume?

BTW - not using 'All' is fine in general. However, there is the
potential risk that you may forget to extend the list in case a new
volume/directory (depending on your configuration) will be added.

As always, you're exactly correct Carsten.  Missing something new
when not using the "All" saveset is a very real possibility.  Luckily,
our Windows admins have a long history with NetWorker clients and
they're also very diligent about things like these, so I'm pretty
comfortable that they will remember to update the client attributes
(or remember to tell me to update them) if they ever add volumes or
directories that need to be backed up.

Thanks,

Tim
edu