Networker

[Networker] NDMP recover question

2013-05-16 14:51:09
Subject: [Networker] NDMP recover question
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 18:44:03 +0000
We recently started backing up our new NetApp using NDMP.  With due diligence I
decided to do a test restore today to practice and make sure everything was ok
on that side of things.

So I selected a small directory (21 MB, 761 files) and redirected it to another
volume on the NetApp.  The recover appeared to run just fine but now the server
is still reading tapes and appears to be fully restoring the original volume
that the test restore was from.  It is saying:

"reading from Tapexxx yyy MB of 1376 GB"

1376 GB being the full backup size.

Anybody have an idea about what's going on or any advice?  I'm going to have to
kill this before it goes on too long.

Server is NetWorker 8.0.1.1.Build.132 on Windows Server 2012.

Thanks, Dave

Dave Werth
Garmin AT, Inc.
Salem, Oregon

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by
someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.