Networker

[Networker] Compression Question

2013-05-06 15:27:46
Subject: [Networker] Compression Question
From: gunnerjoe <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 12:21:57 -0700
Hello,

Win2k8_64 Legato 7.6.4 server
Tape Library HP MSL2024

So after much digging the only way to tell that Hardware Compression is ENABLED
on my Tape Library is to run HP Tape Tools and query the device as you would
when gathering info for a support ticket and in the resulting report will be a
line that says "Hardware Compression - Enabled."  You can also running the
report from the Tape Library Web interface under the support tab.  So some
communication between Legato and the Tape Library during setup must have turned
that on because I have seen no setting to turn it on or off.

Thanks,

Joe