Networker

[Networker] Media type for LTO3?

2013-04-25 12:16:05
Subject: [Networker] Media type for LTO3?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 12:05:07 -0400
I need to scan a LTO-3 tape, in a LTO-4 driver. I can't seem to find what
type I should specify on the scanner command (-t) to indicate that the
tape type is not the same as the drive type. Would it be "LTO Ultrium-3"?
I can't seem to find anything definite. (I assume I need to enclose that
type in quotes, since there are spaces in it)

(I know my other tapes are type "LTO Ultrium-4", and they are LTO-4; hence
my assumption of what LTO-3 should be)

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM