Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Restore Multiple Tapes

2013-04-17 13:16:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Restore Multiple Tapes
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 11:47:12 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] Networker Restore Multiple Tapes, stivermr said...:

I have Networker 7.3 SP4.build.565 and I am trying to do a system
restore. I loaded all the tapes in the two autoloaders and inventoried
them. The problem I am having is that it needs 5 tapes and I only have 2
tape drives.

That typically wouldn't be a problem.  NetWorker should generally just
load and mount tapes as it needs them, using whatever drive(s) you have
available that can read the type of media that contains the saveset(s) in
question.

Each time I go to restore it loads a tape into each drive
and then keeps asking for the next tape. Why doesn't it eject one of the
tapes and load another?

No idea.  Perhaps it's a bug in the version of NetWorker you're using?
Maybe it's something weird with your config or your autoloader.

If you manually unload one of the two tapes and then load the tape it's
asking for, does the restore proceed?

Do smaller restores (try maybe just one file) complete successfully?

I noticed that there is no data on the drive
being restored to. Does it have to read each tape then restore the data?

No, it restores files as it locates them in the saveset(s) it's reading.

Tim
edu