Networker

[Networker] Networker Restore Multiple Tapes

2013-04-17 09:23:44
Subject: [Networker] Networker Restore Multiple Tapes
From: stivermr <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 06:15:18 -0700
I have Networker 7.3 SP4.build.565 and I am trying to do a system restore. I
loaded all the tapes in the two autoloaders and inventoried them. The problem I
am having is that it needs 5 tapes and I only have 2 tape drives. Each time I
go to restore it loads a tape into each drive and then keeps asking for the
next tape. Why doesn't it eject one of the tapes and load another? I noticed
that there is no data on the drive being restored to. Does it have to read each
tape then restore the data? The past two days have been very long and
frustrating.