Networker

[Networker] NW Module for SQL compatibility question

2013-02-27 11:33:11
Subject: [Networker] NW Module for SQL compatibility question
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 11:32:18 -0500
In planning my NW 7.6.2 migration to 8.x, the Procedure generator tells me
to upgrade storage nodes first, as 7.6.x storage nodes won't work in 8.x.
That's fine, as the 8.0 node will work with 7.6.x server, it says, which
gives me time to do all mine (I have 9 storage nodes).

I have 6 storage nodes that are also MS SQL clusters. On these I run the
NW Module for SQL Server 5.2. Is that compatible with 8.x? I can't seem to
tell ... if not, what do I have to upgrade to - NW Module for MS
Applications 2.4 SP1?

If so, can I / should I upgrade the SQL module to the MS Application
module first?

I can't seem to find an answer to these questions, or a procedure for
updating / migrating to a module.

Thanks

--
Michael Leone