Networker

[Networker] group question

2013-02-19 16:05:03
Subject: [Networker] group question
From: bingo <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 13:04:37 -0800
I think this is best practice:

  - whenever you need to follow backup windows and other restrictions - do it
first
  - for the rest of the clients try to spread the workload over time and backup
level. The NMC reports can help you to find out the right timing/schedule.

To the best of my knowledge you can have as many clients as you want in one
group - of course they will most likely not all be processed simultaneously.
However, i would not add more than 20..25 to a group. Smaller groups are much
easier to monitor and/or to restart if needed.
Do not forget that a group must totally finish before one can restart it.