Networker

Re: [Networker] Fibre attached drive question

2013-02-08 11:45:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] Fibre attached drive question
From: Bombay4u None <bombay4u AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 16:36:49 +0000
That depends on the setup on the Tape libray, i know when i worked on Adic, you
have to configure masking etc and partition to properly prepare the tape
library, secoundly your server should be zoned with FC drive from ADIC, if you
provide zoning and masking information then we can see whats happening.If you
see the drives on the server, you are only half done, as you need proper driver
configuration and finally jbconfig has to be properly setup.If you connect
drives directly to the server, this may be possible but more complex as you may
need to set each drive in FC loop mode and then get tape library to work
properly, my openion go with Tape library masked with server and properly zone
the Tape library ports.Does Jbconfig find the tapes and the library on the
server, then there may be a need to map lun zero properly to the server, some
Tape library may not work properly if lun zero is not presented
appropriatlly...going by my memory so doublecheck what i said , as i dont deal
with backup any more just storage.I think you need end to end review of your
enviroment to find the issue.ThanksFazil