Networker

[Networker] Unable to configure client & & storage node after up

2013-02-01 19:12:47
Subject: [Networker] Unable to configure client & & storage node after up
From: abhijitz <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 16:12:19 -0800
I can browse another server and look into the directories. In client
configuration there is view button under the Directives. You can go to NMC,
check Client Properties and look under Directives. There is s Search tool.

I did not unload the sgen driver. Part of the preremove script of the LGTOnode
does that. It reloads after updating /kernel/drv/sgen.conf. That part failed,
which showed Device busy. So obviously i cannot install another instance of the
LGTOnode , so i edited the preremove script, removed the old Storage Node and
added the new Storage.

Yes, i can add drives manuallly (I can move tapes around using sj commands and
it will land up in the right drive)

Server (new backup server, i am not trying to upgrade the existing backup
server) : 8.0.1

Yes, i do know that i need to upgrade to 7.6 first ... With networker, there is
no direct upgrade right (per manual) it is uninstall and reinstall. So i just
uninstalled 7.4.2 client and installed 8.0.1 client

Blank install on another node worked fine. Both Storage Node and Client.