Networker

Re: [Networker] Script to look for backup failures.....7.6x & 8.0

2013-02-01 14:20:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] Script to look for backup failures.....7.6x & 8.0
From: "Bowersock, Bryan" <Bryan.Bowersock AT AHSS DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 19:20:38 +0000
Dennis -

You could set up Thierry Faidherbe's "Networker Reporting Utility 6.0" tool.
You can configure email notifications within the utility but it takes some
setup first.  You can ask on this LISTSERV about it and I'm sure someone has
the link readily available so you can download it.  Unfortunately, I have
misplaced the link.  My apologies.

Additionally, you could set up a "Savegroup Failure" notification from within
the NMC under Configuration > Notifications, but this would send an email alert
for failures of each individual savegroup.  I'm not sure if this is what you
are looking for...if you have a lot of savegroups, it can get annoying if a
single saveset fails in each one.  Does this make sense?

        Action Line in Notification:  smtpmail -s <subject line - in quotes> -h
<mailhost> <email address to send to>

Hope this helps...

Bryan B