Networker

Re: [Networker] udev names / persistent bindings

2013-01-14 15:32:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] udev names / persistent bindings
From: "Lemons, Terry" <terry.lemons AT EMC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 15:31:45 -0500
I'm not really disagreeing with Tim's statement that the
automatically-generated tape device file names are, er, unattractive.  But the
names do have meaning; the WWID of your device is part of the name.  And, I
don't think we ever need to fat-finger in the device name; both the NetWorker
GUI and CLI should find these names automagically.

So, unless I'm missing something, who cares if they're ugly (at least as far as
NetWorker is concerned)?

tl