Networker

Re: [Networker] Is NetWorker really compatible with RHEL 6.2?

2012-02-21 13:53:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] Is NetWorker really compatible with RHEL 6.2?
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 13:53:29 -0500
On 2/21/12 1:44 PM, Tim Mooney wrote:
> Both of our NetWorker servers are running RHEL 6.2.  Both are 7.6.2.5,
> which has been pretty stable for us.  We're current running the same
> kernel you are.
>
> I haven't seen the issue you're seeing.  I don't have abrt installed on
> either server, though.  However, there have been no cores from nsrd saved
> in /nsr/cores.  The only cores I've seen from any of the daemons are from
> nsrlcpd.
>
> Is this a 64 bit system and are those 64 bit binaries?

I am getting one to three cores files out of nsrd and frequently they are
accompanied by things
of the ilk of:

*** glibc detected *** /usr/sbin/nsrd: munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer:
0x0000000001b5d1d0 ***
*** glibc detected *** /usr/sbin/nsrd: free(): invalid pointer:
0x0000000001b5d1d0 ***

in /nsr/logs/daemon.raw

# what /usr/sbin/nsrd
/usr/sbin/nsrd:
        Build date:   Wed Jan 11 09:03:53 PST 2012
        Build info:   DBG=0,OPT=-O2 -fno-strict-aliasing
        Product:      NetWorker
        Release:      7.6.3.1
        Build number: 851
        Build arch.:  linux86w

Yes, it is the 64-bit (x86_64) install.

I wish I could convince EMC to actually look at the plethora of core files I
have provided to
them on my Sev 1 issue, but it's now been 2.5 days since I opened the issue and
EMC is still
arguing with me about whether the dumps are worth looking at or not -- I'm not
even sure that
I'm going to have a backup system left when this is done.

ARGH!