Networker

Re: [Networker] Can a manual clone job use more than 1 tape volume?

2011-11-29 10:47:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] Can a manual clone job use more than 1 tape volume?
From: Eddie Albert <Eddie.Albert AT CITIZENSFLA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 10:45:46 -0500
If your backup command has saveset=all, then the short answer for the
cloning of same to my knowledge is "no."

If you are looking for a long term solution that involves splitting the
backup, I believe the closest you can come is determine backup size of
your data directories and setup separate backups/clones of the same host
splitting it up by directory level. DPA can help you plan this or if you
do not have DPA you can manually figure this out using mminfo commands.

Backup1/Clone1
Host007\ONE

Backup2/Clone2
Host007\TWO

Your choke point then becomes your network. Is your network setup so
that you can saturate two LTO3, LTO4, LTO5 or EDL device interfaces? If
yes, KUDOS and please share your network design with us. I hope this is
helpful.

Semper fidelis et paratus, /ALE