Networker

[Networker] Recover files without OS permissions?

2011-10-12 09:45:56
Subject: [Networker] Recover files without OS permissions?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 09:45:22 -0400
I've been asked if there is a way to recover files without the OS
permissions associated with the files. (In this case, recover Windows user
home folder files, but without the ACL that limits access to only the
user).

They want to be able to recover the files, and then examine them ..
without seizing ownership and adding another user account to the ACL,
which would change the modification dates of the files/folders.

I am unaware of any way to have NW do that. Am I wrong?

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM