Networker

Re: [Networker] Recover files without OS permissions?

2011-10-12 10:12:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] Recover files without OS permissions?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 10:11:34 -0400
You can ignore this question. Yes, I realized I asked it before, and the
situation came up again,. However, as one of the respondents at the time
pointed out, seizing ownership did not change the date
created/accessed/modified, so the 3rd party folks are happy and now
copying the recovered folders. Oddly, when we did this a few months back
(the first time I asked this question), seizing ownership did change the
modification dates. No idea why now is different from then.

But anyway, it's no longer an issue for me.

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM

EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
10/12/2011 09:45:22 AM: