Networker

Re: [Networker] Tape to tape copy between M1800 & SL500?

2011-06-10 08:48:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tape to tape copy between M1800 & SL500?
From: Paul Key <pkey AT SGUL.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 13:46:36 +0100
Bingo

Thanks for your reply - I tried a scan (after loading but not mounting a tape in an M1800 drive) and get the following output:

# scanner -m rd=backup:/dev/rmt/3cbn
8909:scanner: using 'rd=backup:/dev/rmt/3cbn' as the device name
39077:scanner: error, read open error, I/O error

Not sure why the error?

Also - is there a way of going to the 'old' backup server dirextory nsr-old and extracting the savesets and tape info so I can load the tapes and scan them?

Thanks

Paul