Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrindexd process hangs daily for specific clients

2011-06-09 11:56:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrindexd process hangs daily for specific clients
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 10:52:56 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] nsrindexd process hangs daily for specific...:

im managing, but i see some problems which are coming back every day, i
have 3 groups which are still running when i come in in the morning.
the fact that they are running is because of this:

/usr/sbin/nsrindexd -a ADD CLIENT index for backup on CLIENT

The first thing I would try here is to increase the "parallelism" setting
for the server.  This is in the client properties for the server, the
"Globals (1 of 2)" tab.

The parallelism setting controls how many backups can be happening at
once *for that client*.  Because the backup server is itself a client
and because index backups are done on the server, you need to have a
larger-than-normal parallelism setting for the server.  This is something
we encountered in our environment when we went from NetWorker 7.2 (where
this wasn't enforced on the server) to NetWorker 7.4.

That may not solve your problem, but it's definitely the first thing to
look at.

Tim
edu