Networker

Re: [Networker] Limiting a client to one of two tape drives

2011-06-06 13:38:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] Limiting a client to one of two tape drives
From: "STANLEY R. HORWITZ" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 13:37:46 -0400
Dave,

You're probably correct in that a cron job is probably my only option.
Fortunately, this isn't an important thing. The server that I want to back
up in this manner will be decommissioned this October, so I think I will
make due the way things are now.

On 6/6/2011 1:34 PM, "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT garmin DOT com> wrote:

>Stan,
>
>I've been following this thread with interest.  It's apparent that there
>probably is no solution within NetWorker for your problem.
>
>Perhaps you could write a cron job that monitors that status of the tape
>drives, say every 5 minutes, and modifies whether they are enabled or
>disabled as necessary.  That's a poor substitute for something built into
>NetWorker but it may get the job done.
>
>Dave
>
>Dave Werth
>Garmin AT, Inc.
>Salem, Oregon

>>> points. This client is in its own savegroup, which has a tape pool